MAKE A DONATION
Every event, every penny, and every pound helps towards making a difference to the lives of patients living with NMO.
NMO Charitable Funds
Walton Centre: 4911
John Radcliffe: 2131
It is essential for people with NMOSD to be treated early in their condition to prevent relapses and disability.
Referrals received from consultant neurologists will be accepted, referrals direct from GP’s will be accepted if it is likely the patient has NMOSD or if the patient has AQP4 or MOG antibodies
Aims of NMOSD UK Service
Ensure early correct diagnosis and treatment of adults and children with NMOSD.
Education and support of persons affected by NMOSD.
Source of information and education to health care professionals.
Benefits to NMOSD UK Service
- Timely assessment and treatment of relapses
- Relapse prevention
- Symptom management
- NMOSD Multi-disciplinary team assessment
- Reduction in hospital admissions
- Facilitation of hospital discharge
- Shared neurological care with local neurology and therapy services
- Emotional support with lifestyle changes
- Improve standards of care for people affected with NMOSD
- Participate in national and international research